Info. Forums are disabled, please open a ticket if you have any question.
Admin only access to form
|Forums Support Admin only access to form|
|HeW||about a year ago - 2016-08-24 23:04:14|
I have signed up to the free version of yclas to test it out before I buy, however, I need a few things clarified for me:
1. I do not want the post forms to be accessible to the public. I want these to be accessible only to admin logins, however I want the public to be able to login and view posted advertisements. Basically what I am saying is that an admin person will be posting and publishing on the site not the public. The public will only log in to read the adverts published without filling any forms.
Can you help me with whether this is possible and how it can be done?
2. Going through the forum, I notice quite a number of complaints about people unable to access their sites and issues with domain name transfers. may I please know if these are widespread issues with your service, as I intend to have a long running website should I buy a plan, and would not want these issues to affect my site.
|Chema||about a year ago - 2016-08-25 16:59:08|
1- Yes we have that option, only admins is called you can test it on general settings ;)
2- The problem is that takes up to 48 hours that depends on DNS spread not on us... that's why the complain, or because was not properly pointed. but all the paid customers were able to use a custom domain of course. we have 1972 users using our service ;) anyway we provide full customized step by step docs for each client , so dont worry about this at all ;)
|HeW||about a year ago - 2016-08-26 00:34:28|
I am sorry, I did not understand your answer. Are you saying I should go into general settings and find "only Admin"? Well I have gone into general settings and cant find anything that allows me to select "only admin post and publish".
Can you give me the steps, step by step?
So, please tell me, step by step how I can make sure that only admin goes in at the back-end to upload/post advertisements and users log-in to see posted adverts. No forms must be available for users to fill at the front end only the posted adverts must be visible for users.
|Constantinos||about a year ago - 2016-08-26 10:43:05|
Please go to Settings -> Advertisement -> Publish Options to find and enable an option called "Only administrators can publish".
Once "Only administrators can publish" is enabled, there's no Publish new button in your website, so you can publish ads by going to this page: http://hewmarket.yclas.com/publish-new.html
Notice that only administrator can access that page now!
|HeW||about a year ago - 2016-08-26 19:51:53|
Thank you for your reply, but I am finding your site very difficult to navigate and understand. I have used other website builder which were not this cumbersome.
1. Now that I have selected admin only to publish, I cant find the form that i, as admin, need to customise so that I can post and publish ads on the site. Where can I find this so that I can test the posting of ads on the site?
2. What does "require log-in to post" actually mean. Does it mean that if users log-in, then they can see the ad post form and post?
3. What about the settings for Roles, what do these do.
I am sorry to be asking so many questions, but I need to make sure that the product can do what I need it to do before I make a purchase, and reading the documentation does not always help. I already I have to wait almost 12 hours between replies, which is delaying my work.
In any case please let me know about my questions above and I will really appreciate it.
|HeW||about a year ago - 2016-08-26 19:57:28|
|Sorry, I must add that I have seen the link, but I do not know how you get to that link from within the back end.|
|HeW||about a year ago - 2016-08-26 20:55:38|
I also only get "GIF89a����!�,D;" on the page when I select Classifieds then Advertisements.
I can send a screenshot to some one if I can get an email address or something.
|Constantinos||about a year ago - 2016-09-01 09:14:38|
Sorry for the late answer!
You can browse our docs to learn how to use your website admin panel:
1) As admin, you can go to this page to publish new ad: http://hewmarket.yclas.com/publish-new.html
2) Require log-in to post. means that if "admin only to publish" is disabled, then users need to login in order to be able to post an ad!
3) Here: http://docs.yclas.com/roles-work-classified-ads-script/
4) Can you please take a screenshot upload it on an external website like http://imgur.com/ and paste the link to the image here?