Info. Forums are disabled, please open a ticket if you have any question.
Allow multiple category selections
|Forums Support Allow multiple category selections|
|Judy||about a year ago - 2015-10-13 08:18:18|
1. I need to allow users of my site to select multiple categories. Can it be done?
2. I don't have "product" listings. What I want is "people" listing. So I need the ability to change some of the wordings. For example, "Advertisement" should be "Profile", "Advertisement Title" should be "Name", and "Price" should be "Rate"
3. I need to be able to customize the search. For example, "Advertisement Title" needs to be removed
Can all of those be done?
|Constantinos||about a year ago - 2015-10-13 09:59:07|
Thanks for using yclas!
1. This is not possible. Users can select only one category to publish their ad.
2. You can change any text you want by following this guide: http://docs.yclas.com/how-to-change-texts/
3. I am afraid it's not possible to customize search page.
Keep in mind that if you want a custom theme, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements to give you a budget.
|Chema||about a year ago - 2015-10-13 19:12:38|
For number 1:
Maybe you can try with custom fields? many times are different things you are asking and custom fields are really flexible ;)
|Judy||about a year ago - 2015-10-13 19:18:48|
Can you be more specific about using custom fields for my purpose?
For example my user may want to be listed under both sub-categories "sub1" and "sub2" (where "sub1" and "sub2" can be under different parent categories). How do I accomplish that using custom fields.
|Chema||about a year ago - 2015-10-13 19:29:11|
You can not do that exactly that way.
But for example:
- you have a category "car". Then you create a custom field called "year" that only appears on the category car ;), much better than using categories and is searchable.
|Judy||about a year ago - 2015-10-14 03:06:49|
Thanks but that won't work:)
Here is a more realistic of what I want to have:
Let's say a user of my site is listing his technical skills. He can do C# programming, and is a certified scrum master. Ideally, he wants to be listed under category "Programming Language" and its sub-category "C#". He also wants to be listed under "Project Management" and its sub-category "Certified Scrum Master".
The 2 sub categories are related but cannot be listed under the same category.
I played with the website again this afternoon and couldn't configure it to make this work. Will you customize it for me? If so, what's the cost? I sent an email inquiry about this customization yesterday.
|Chema||about a year ago - 2015-10-14 08:34:28|
You could have custom fields called skills instead of categories ;)
They will answer you but what you want its not possible at yclas since that changes the behaviour of the software.
|Judy||about a year ago - 2015-10-14 14:38:07|
|O.K. Chema, thanks for the straight to the point answer! You are the easiest person to explain this to.|